03.24.11

Blog #19: Paterson

Posted in Uncategorized at 12:40 am by sjang103

“The past is dead. Women are/ legalists, they want to rescue/ a framework of laws, a skeleton of/ practices, a calcined reticulum/ of the past which, bees, they will/ fill with honey” (Williams 142).

Women are bearers of humankind. Williams engages in an argument where he provokes the notion of women carrying the past within them. The past is history, yet Williams claims it is dead. Williams, in a sense, declares that women are dead then. There is also an idea of men being the movement forward if women “want to rescue a framework of laws, a skeleton of practices” (Williams 142). There is a tension between preserving the culture and one’s roots and moving forward. This is all embodied through a woman, who symbolizes fertility and mankind as well.

1.    luke said,

May 6, 2013 at 2:40 pm

hi!,I love your writing very much! proportion we be in contact more approximately your post on AOL? I require a specialist in this area to unravel my problem. May be that’s you! Looking ahead to peer you.

2.    www.youtube.com said,

June 19, 2014 at 2:56 am

I am sure this paragraph has touched all the internet people, its really really good paragraph on building up new blog.